iRest Yoga Nidra Research Completed:
- Using Mindfulness Meditation to Improve Pain Management in Combat Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury. 2015 – Nassif, T., Norris, D., Soltes, K., Sandbrink, F., Blackman, M., and Chapman, J. –SBM Poster Final Nassif.pdf
- Utilizing Integrative Restoration (iRest®) to Enhance the Resiliency of Military Couples. 2015 – Inman, A., Vriend, C., Young-McCaughan, S., Rose, M. E., Miller, R. Brooke Army Medical Center. Austin, TX.
Currently being written up for publication.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Mindfulness Meditation (iRest) for Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain in U.S. Veterans Using the Defense and Veterans Pain Rating Scale. 2014. Thomas H. Nassif, PhD, Deborah O. Norris, PhD, Karen L. Soltes, LCSW, Marc R. Blackman, MD, Julie C. Chapman, PsyD and Friedhelm Sandbrink, MD. WA DC VA. View abstract here.
- Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions, Volume 12, Issue 3, 2012: (Evaluation of Meditation in the Treatment of Chemical Dependency). View Abstract Here.
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Brain Injury Clinic (Mindfulness Based Group Therapy using iRest). View results here.
- John F. Kennedy University: Feasibility Study of Integrative Restoration (iRest) Yoga Nidra on Combat-Related PTSD (Veterans). View results here.
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center (Active duty service members: PTSD). View results here.
- OTS (Homelessness: Anxiety, Well-being) View summary here. View poster here.
iRest Yoga Nidra Research Underway:
- Washington, DC VA (Traumatic Brain Injury, Chronic Pain, PTSD)
The efficacy of combined auricular acupuncture and iRest® Yoga Nidra (CAM) compared to Gulf War Health Education (GWHE) for improving health-related functioning among Veterans with GWVI. Acupuncture and iRest® Yoga Nidra for Military Veterans: Patient Satisfaction and Self-Reported Symptom Reduction. WA DC VA, Washington, DC. View results here.
- Lovell FHCC, North Chicago, IL – Scheduled for late 2016
Visit IRI for more information: http://www.irest.us/programs/irest-research-and-programs